Sunday, March 8, 2015

jack's first birthday.

There are going to be a lot of pros and cons to December birthdays, but one pro is that family is always going to be around to help us celebrate! This year, for Jack's birthday we were down in California visiting my parents so we decided to do his party down there. My mom and I went shopping for decorations the day before. We wanted it to be a small thing but also special.

Attendees: Dad, Mom, Nana, Papa, Uncle Danny, Aunt Jourdan, Jess, Coop, Uncle Matt, Auntie Lisa, Andrew, Nicholas, GG (Grandma DeChristopher), my Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Connie, and baby Patrick.

The party was on his actually birthday, the 20th, and started at noon. My parents had a feast made for everyone (like they always do). The kids sat down and colored a train picture. We also did a pinata, which rotated through every kid (maybe twice, since the the oldest was 4 it took a while to come down). I think it was Andrew who ended up cracking it open, but not before Jess weakened it. The highlight of the party was probably the birthday boy eating his cake. I was planning on just having him eat his own piece, but my mom ordered a whole small cake just for Jack. He double fisted the entire way and shoved it in his mouth with no trepidation. This kid loves sweets, and he couldn't believe I wasn't stopping him. I did end up having to stop him because he was half way through and I was worried about death by sugar. He also got a lot of cute and thoughtful presents.

I think it finally hit around lunch time that my baby was now one year old, and I teared up. Jack had a blast with all his little cousins, and it was fun to celebrate the day he was born. Every birthday, my parents organically bring up my birth story, so I told myself I would do the same for Jack every year. While I was getting him dressed I told him about how he took a lot time to get here, that his head was really big so it took even longer. But mostly about how he had a waiting room full of people to greet him when he finally did come and that this day marks the most special day of the year in my eyes.

Happy 1st Birthday, Jackie!




























The birthday boy had a solid nap after the festivities.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most adorable thing I've ever seen! The train theme and all the wonderful family around. And Jack looks so so happy through the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these pictures are so cute!! Jack and that awesome cake--oh, look at that concentration! I couldn't help but grin. He's SUCH a cutie.

    ReplyDelete