Thursday, January 1, 2015

new year's day sledding.

Matty and I both had work off on New Year's Day so we wanted to make good use of the time (i.e., do nothing productive, but do something fun that a one year old would also think is fun). Our options were limited, but we decided on sledding! Turns out all the stores sold out of sleds thus proving this idea wasn't too original, but luckily the Lyons met us and let us use some of their borrowed sleds. We had so much fun. Jack loved the snow. He sat in it, picked it up, ate some, and sled down with mom and dad lots. He just got this serious look on his face each time we headed down the hill. I feel like I've gotten old in the last few years, because on my first run I was sort of terrified. And this hill was kind of puny so it was ridiculous.

As mother of this household, I declare this to be a new tradition. Sledding ourselves into the new year? Yes? Corny metaphor? Yes.











1 comment:

  1. Gah! He's so cute! He just looks like he had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete