Tuesday, July 28, 2015

// brianhead.

I didn't want to go to Brianhead. We had put this trip on the calendar because Matty had a three-day weekend (horray, Pioneer day), and we wanted to make use of it. But then the weekend came and I wasn't excited. I knew I was being a poor sport, because who says no to vacations? But I really didn't want to worry about a 7-hour round trip road trip with a 1 year old and about whether he would sleep in the pack-n-play. I wanted to spend the weekend relaxing. I like that I can admit now that I was wrong. It was the perfect weekend for us.

We left on Friday afternoon during Jack's nap time so that he would hopefully sleep most of the way. He did, and we stopped at Cove Fort for a wiggle break once he woke up. It's our new favorite rest stop because there is this huge grass area with trees and shade and clean bathrooms. The church keeps the grounds really nice. We all loaded back into the car.

We stayed at Matty's grandparent's condo that is right by the Brianhead resort. It's so nice of them to let us use it as often as we do. On Saturday we decided to do some hiking at Cedar Breaks. Right before our trip, I looked on ksl and found a hiking backpack that would actually fit Jack inside. He's much too small for the baby carrier we have. Our original plan was just to let him do some of the walking and switch off carrying him, which was just a very silly and not-thought-out plan. We picked the pack up on our way out the door, and it worked perfectly. We went on two different trails, both of which weren't too intense but gave us a lot of beautiful sights. The second one we went on was covered the whole way in wild flowers, and it smelt amazing the entire way. Jack looked so cute on his dad's back and would only whine when we stopped walking.

Saturday night was kind of a surprise. It turned out that Danny from the show Counting Cars on the History Channel was there doing a concert. There was also a car show at the resort. So we made a night out of it. Jack was running around the grass dancing per usual.

We spent Sunday sleeping in and doing nothing until finally we had to return home. I already miss the weather, the breeze, and the escape from reality.










1 comment:

  1. This sounds like an amazing weekend! I'm so glad you went and that it was a wonderful trip for the family.

    ReplyDelete