Friday, August 21, 2015

currently.

I feel like I'm always playing catch up on writing blog posts, mostly because I don't love sitting in front of the computer when I'm not working. My life takes place mostly on my knees these days as I play with Jack and deal with the emotions that come from toddler hood. Also, because every time I get on the computer, his little feet slap against the kitchen floor to follow me and he begins to try and climb on my lap so he can get at the keyboard. He says this word "dadachy" and neither of his parents can quite figure out what it means. I'm thinking it is a stand in for whatever words he doesn't know, but I wish I could crawl into that brain of his and take a peek.

Matty got a new job back in May working for the church. No more WGU for him. He's working for the web department publishing and making changes to lds.org (among other things). I'm super proud of him. He really loves it, and his commute down to Provo is a dream compared to traffic-infested Salt Lake.

I've been pregnant the last sixteen weeks. When I was pregnant with Jack, the time flew by and I didn't feel much different. But I'm feeling it this time around. I can't really enjoy summer barbecues or any food-related activity (the best kind). And is it just me, or is this summer extra hot? But the whole experience has been just as great. I'm one of those annoying pregnant people who actually likes being pregnant. I like the anticipation and the fact that I still have 5-6 months to actually prepare. Thank the stars that pregnancy is a 9 month process. Luckily I got to be around Violet Lyon this week so the prospect of a new baby isn't scary so much as exciting. I've been collecting things here and there for the baby that I have put in a bag in my closet. It's so weird having to think about TWO different human beings now when I look at kid stuff. The gender is still unknown. I'm 50% sure it's a girl ;)

Last week my work had our yearly meetings for three days. That means I had to go up to Salt Lake from 8:00 to 5:00 and sit through people talking. It exhausted me to no end. Matty and my mother-in-law took turns with Jack those days. But even when I came home, I was more tired than I've ever been in memory. I would just nap in the evenings and wake up to put Jack to bed. It made me grateful that I work from home because apparently I can't do the whole wake-up-at-6:30-and-socialize-all-day thing anymore. I do forget, though, how many good friends I have met through my work. It was good to see them.

Our ward split, which always causes this dramatic stir throughout the neighborhood. We went to the ward social because it was at the park right behind our house. We had to leave early because we were getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. I usually never get bit, but playing the pregnancy card again, it is actually scientifically proven that mosquitoes find pregnant women more enticing. So the last three days have been itchy ones.

I'll leave you to digest that little slice of my life.


2 comments:

  1. Um, I really love you and your family! And I LOVED seeing you last, last week! It really was exhausting though. Friday was the worst for me! What's with that!? My body probably decided to be sick because of academic meetings and then moving last week. It was just so much busyness that my body just couldn't handle it. I hope the last weeks of summer are very relaxing and lovely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy you're pregnant! You're such a terrific mom that baby #2 is extra lucky to have you. I can't wait for the gender announcement!

    ReplyDelete